<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 20, 2007

EXCLUSIVE! MUST CREDIT DR. SQUID!!!11!!1!eleventy!

Way back in the old days when I was a chemistry major in college, I had to fulfill a social studies requirement for my B.S. (yeah I know the jokes. Ha ha.) degree, which I did by taking a sophomore level U.S. Congress course. One of the books the professor used was Showdown At Gucci Gulch by Alan Murray and Jeffrey Birnbaum to show how things really worked in Incongruous. Anyway, Gucci Gulch refers to the hall of lobbyists and their load of Gucci shoes outside the Capitol floor.

Fast forward to now.

Fred Thompson, while trying to paint himself as the ultimate outsider, was quite the lobbyist in Washington. Thompson is also known as someone who really didn't like his Senate job (caution: George Will) or campaigning, so he generally did nothing. Or as George Will put it,
"...is said to be less than a martyr to the work ethic..."
So when I read this thingum from Atrios about Hollywood Fred,

Running for president is also hard work, which is why all these fake potential candidates rarely come through. I'm also starting to doubt that Fred Thompson will actually make an honest run for the job. Whether gucci loafer Fred* is riding around in a golf cart because he's lazy, or (as is quite possible) because his illness doesn't exactly make him feel like a million bucks all the time, I do not know. Either way, running for preznit is hard work.


I thought of a new nickname for Hollywood Fred. Given his history as a lobbyist working Gucci Gulch and his lack of a work ethic, and because I'm meaner than Atrios is...

Fred Thompson, the Gucci Loafer.

You're welcome.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?